I just did some research on online gambling and the same theme keeps repeating itself over and over. I’m not going to any statistics site because I believe that a lot of statistics can be wrong if they don’t quote from well done research.
What I learned, however, is the following:
1.Online gambling is illegal in the US and is run as an offshore casino which moves from location to location. This is a remote location operating illegally in many ways.
2. Moving from location to location creates absolutely no accountability or credibility with this offshore casino. There are no legal controls on the games played by unsuspecting internet users around the world. The money lost for this unscrupulous casino is in the millions.
3. Online gambling addiction has been increasing every year, and individuals playing in online casinos are getting younger and younger year by year. Individuals playing in online casinos are underage too, and can become addicted to online gambling at a very young age. This does not bode well for their future, as it is much more difficult to quit addiction when one starts at a young age.
4. The addictive nature and availability of online gambling make this form of gambling one of the most dangerous. Since the gambler can play casino games directly from his or her computer, there is access to gambling 24 hours a day. The implications of this scenario are very disturbing indeed.
5. Internet gambling addiction moves very quickly, and therefore losses can occur very quickly. My Internet gambling addiction also progresses very quickly because of the fast action.
6. There are software programs that prevent the casino from being able to operate on your own PC Gamblock is an excellent prevention tool for an individual with an addiction to online gambling. If you have an internet gambling addiction or know someone who doesn’t, you should check out this software program.
It is hoped that you learn a little about the dangers of online gambling and the addictive nature of this activity.
For further assistance with problem gambling, call 1-800-GAMBLER in the US which is a referral source for help with gambling addiction problems
For more resources on gambling addiction, please visit the link below.